Are you a breakfast lover or do you prefer to eat nothing early in the morning? It’s not that bad to start the day with a healthy and delicious breakfast! You are in hurry very often? Try out one of my 3 super easy and healthy breakfast ideas.
5 reasons why you should eat breakfast on the morning
- Eating a healthy breakfast helps to improve your concentration and productivity during the day
- Staring the day with a breakfast is a kind of meditation. It’s better to relax early in the morning instead of hurry up!
- Starting your morning with breakfast boost your metabolism and keep your blood sugar levels stable
- A morning meal helps energize your body and keeps you active and productive until lunch time
- A breakfast reduces risk for overeating and cravings during the day
Enjoy a healthy breakfast in the morning
It’s really important to enjoy ME time and a breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a well balanced diet should include morning meals.
When you eat breakfast you are telling your body that there are plenty of calories to be had for the day. When you skip breakfast the message your body gets is that it needs to conserve rather than burn any incoming calories.
It’s super easy to make this Buckwheat chocolate crunch granola! You can stock it for up to a few days and enjoy it with milk or top your smoothie with it!
- 300g rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 200g buckwheat
- 70g coconut flakes
- 30g chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 40g coconut sugar
- 50g honey or maple syrup
- 60g cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, chia and coconut sugar
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add honey or maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine until smooth
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry and mix carefully
- Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven, flip granola in large chunks, and place back in oven to bake for another 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
Overnight Oats are one if the most popular breakfasts ever! They are so versatile. I love to mix them up with coconut yoghurt and grated apple. Heaven!
- 150g Coconut yoghurt
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 2tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 50g oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ apple
- almond butter
- In a large bowl combine coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and oats
- Stir well
- Place in the fridge overnight
- Add an grated half apple in the morning and top with almond butter (recipe here)
You can cook that porridge or enjoy it cold. I love both! You can top it with almond butter or yoghurt. Enjoy!
- 50g oats
- 200ml plant based milk of your choice
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 1tsp ground vanilla
- 1tsp chia seeds
- juice of one organic lemon
- zest of ½ organic lemon
- Cook all the ingredients over medium high heat until thick and creamy
- Top with whatever you want! Yoghurt or almond butter is a great idea!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This post is also available in: Deutsch