This Quiche is one of my absolutely favorites! I use coconut oil instead of butter and oeat for the crust.
Feta spinach quiche with oat flour
for a 30cm quiche case
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PASTRY
95 g oat flour (ground rolled oats in a food processor)
70 g ground chickpeas flour (or spelt flour)
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp sea salt
4,5 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil (or butter)
5 tbsp ice-cold water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
200 g feta cheese
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp red chilli flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
3 red onions, finely chopped
200 g frozen spinach
salt and pepper
- Put the oat flour, chickpea flour, cornflour and salt in a bowl. Add the coconut oil and ice-cold water.
- With your hands prepare the dough and form a ball to chill with transparent film in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wisk the eggs and crumble in the feta cheese. Add the oregano, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and fry for few minutes.
- Add the spinach and a pinch of salt and put the onions and spinach to the egg mixture. Stir well.
- Press the dough into a 30cm Quiche case.
- Form the dough until the edge of the case.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and blind bake for about 10 minutes. Reduce the oven to 170C.
- Then throw the filling into the baked quiche case and bake for about 30 minutes until the filling is finished.
This post is also available in: Deutsch