As some of you know I’m still active on Instagram. It’s such a benefit to enjoy all these amazing people all over the world who share their passion of healthy plant-based food. I am happy to introduce you friends from all over the world from time to time to show you how many people are creative in their own way.
I met Silv from Bali a few month ago via Instagram and we had some close communication about living and health. I really appreciate and adore her deep love of supporting others with her health spirit. The is running a Website called http://minimuncher.com/ where she provides nutritious and healthy information about meals by using local, organic and seasonal produce direct from the farms especially for Babies and Children. It’s such a benefit for me to introduce you this wonderful woman because I don’t have kids and I am really not sure which food is the best.
I’m happy Silv find the time to answer some questions and share one of her favorite recipes with us.
Find some more answers about minimuncher in this interview or visit:
- Whats your name?
- Where are you living?
I’m very fortunate to be living in Bali, Indonesia.
- Can you tell something about you?
I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia where I completed a Bachelor of Health Science Degree. At the age of 24 I left my home country and looked for new adventures around the world. I intended on moving to England for 2 years but ended up staying 12 years! I am a mother to 2 wonderful children currently aged 3.5 and 6.5 years old.
- You are the creator of minimuncher. What is your main recommendation for a healthy baby and kids diet?
Yes I am the creator of Mini Muncher. My main recommendation for a healthy baby and kid’s diet is to feed them REAL FOOD. It doesn’t matter what diet your child follows as long as they are getting all the daily recommended nutrient’s for optimal health. Going back to basics of lots of vegetables and fruits are the key also.
- What means healthy living for you?
Healthy living to me means many things – not just one. To me healthy living means living life to its optimal best. Doing things I love, eating foods that are healthy and those that I enjoy also. I believe healthy living should encompass fitness activities whether it be yoga, swimming running or any other sport. It needs to be a balance of actions that helps one achieve their absolute best.
- What is your favorite meal?
That’s a hard question to answer as it really depends on my mood and how I am feeling. Generally I do love all sorts of food and flavors. I guess it would be a choice between a refreshing, healthy and wholesome salad to a delectable smoothie or smoothie bowl topped with flavorsome granola and lots of dark chocolate
SWEET POTATOE AND QUINOA CRUST PIZZA
Ingredients for base:
1.5 cups sweet potato
1/3 cup quinoa
Pinch of Himalayan salt or to taste
- Steam sweet potato for approx. 7 minutes or until cooked
- Place quinoa into a saucepan with 2/3 water and boil on low heat for 15 minutes approx. or until cooked
- Once cooked drain water and place a plate on top for 10 minutes
- Fluff quinoa with fork
- Mix above ingredients until well combined
- Brush Olive oil on to a pizza tray
- Press mixture onto a pizza base tray
- Bake at 200C for 5-7 minutes
- Prepare choice of toppings (I topped it with homemade fresh tomato and kale sauce, mushroom, eggplant, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and green olives)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toppings are cooked and base slightly crispy