Pistachio Orange Cookies – all my loveliest ingredients in one Cookie!
There are not that many ingredients I love more than vanilla. But one are pistachios. I love pistachios since I was a little child. I eat pistachio ice cream 7 times a week (ok maybe 3 times ;o)) and there are my best friend at school. Ate them often roasted and salted. In the meanwhile I don’t eat them salted because too much salt isn’t good for your body. So use less salt and more spices.
Pistachio as a super healthy source of protein
I add a lot of nuts to my diet because nuts are one of the best source of good fats, high quality protein and vitamin-e (the vitamin for a good skin). Just a hand full of pistachios a day provides enough recommended levels of anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and Protein.
I learned this year to add orange zest in my cookies, cakes and muffins to have an amazing flavor. The combination pistachio and orange taste so good that I like to share this cookie recipe for these Pistachio Orange Cookies with you. This recipe is gluten-free and raffinated sugar free.
- 1 cup roasted pistachios
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the pistachios and raisins) together in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients and mix well if you use dates.
- Mix both with the pistachios and raisins and set aside for 10 min.
- Preheat the oven to 175℃ and make 10 medium cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minute and let them cool down on a wire rack.
This post is also available in: Deutsch