Lots of you asked me to publish my favorite Sage Soup. This Creamy Sage Soup so creamy and healthy. It’s simply made with zucchini, potatoes and sage leaves.
One of the best is the fried topping (fried sage leaves).
Soups are one of my absolutely favorite meals because they are full packed with lots of vegetables and the preparation time is often really short. As a full-time worker I need to keep it really simple in my kitchen sometimes to avoid too much stress. A healthy diet is not very difficult if you are try to use only natural products. Hand off completed food products which are full of many harmful contents. You don’t know these products are damage your body! You often feel lazy or tired? Your skin is not good or you don’t sleep very well? That could be a consequence of a wrong diet. I change my diet in the last years and I feel so much better. Trust me! It works!
This soup is maybe a good start for you to eat more healthy. Right?
Potatoes are a really great ingredient for soup because potatoes keeps you full for longer. Unfortunately potatoes are often eat as unhealthy food like fries or chips. The important Vitamins and Minerals get lost by frying. Potatoes contains a lot of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 (one of the B complex vitamins), plays an important role in converting food into energy and helping the body metabolize fats and proteins. This vitamin also helps to get healthy hair and skin.
I have a really big sage bush in my garden which explode in the spring months. The leaves get that big as my hand is. They are so beautiful. As you know I cook a lot with fresh herbs because fresh herbs provide us with lots of healthy essential oils. And you often need only a few leaves to get such an aromatic meal. Antioxidant compounds in sage such as rosmarinic acid can all work to neutralize free radicals and prevent them from creating oxidative stress in the organ systems, skin, muscles and the brain.
Creamy Sage Soup
2 red onions
1 tbsp. olive oil
800ml vegetable stock or fond
10 fresh leafs sage
50ml whipping cream
Fried zucchini and sage leaves
- Chop the onions and the potatoes in small cubes.
- Chop the zucchini in small cubes.
- Pick up the Sage leafs.
- Set aside half of the zucchini and 1/3 of the sage leafs for separate frying (topping).
- Heat up the olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Fry the vegetables a few minutes over high heat.
- Add the vegetable stock or fond and cook for 25 min.
- In the meantime fry the half of the zucchini and 1/3 of the sage leafs in olive oil or butter in a pan until golden.
- Set aside.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Add the sage leafs.
- Mix up the soup in a blender.
- Stir in the whipping cream to make the soup more creamy.
- Serve with the fried topping and pink berries.
This post is also available in: Deutsch